In the 1960s, automobiles manufactured in Japan consistently beats their competitors in American market. Many refers to the lean manufacturing methodology as the secret sauce. The software industries borrowed a lot of similar methodologies from TPS (Toyota Production System) into software development industry, which gave rise to agile software development.
For software to deliver value, it is not just about developing software in agile methodologies. A full SDLC (software development life cycle) includes build, release and upgrades too, some of which are managed in a different department in the organization.
DevOps extends agile methodology across departments. In the DevOps tooling landscape, the core is CI/CD pipelines to enable automation through SDLC, as well as software deployment to customer environment.
In addition to automation, DevOps involves many other aspects. For example a secure and efficient workflow to release application. Feedback is important for effective iterations, which requires observability. The observability configuration of an IT system determines the quality of feedback from real-life deployments, and eventually determines how fast an application can iterate towards maturity.
Read more about DevOps:
- Landing Zone in Azure - I recently renewed my associate administrator certification, and feel it's a good opportunity to brush up on Azure landing zone. The lame part of this is the semantics. I found many similar terms across cloud service provider (CSPs). In the context of Azure, it makes sense to clarify the terms… ... Read moreLanding Zone in Azure
- A taste of IoT device tracking - Last fall I worked on a demo project for IoT device tracking on AWS so I had some reading. Overview From a strategic level, as servers move away to the cloud, AWS envisions that the footprint left on premise will mainly be IoT devices. The role of the cloud therefore… ... Read moreA taste of IoT device tracking
- DICOM testing over TLS - I have two open-source projects to deploy a medical imaging application on different platforms. In both of them, I define DICOM validation scenario, and provide steps to test DICOM traffic with TLS. The steps have been working well, until a recent change in Envoy broke the testing, and led me… ... Read moreDICOM testing over TLS
- GitHub Action Gotchas - I started with GitHub Actions a couple years ago. Recently I came across a few interesting use cases while I was trying to setup Terraform workflow with GitHub actions. These use cases prompted me to make use some new features in GitHub Action. So I put them in a post… ... Read moreGitHub Action Gotchas
- Optimize CPU and Memory for Kubernetes Pod - When optimizing workload performance, it is important to understand how on earth operating system allocates CPU and memory to processes. This helps understand how to set resource limit Kubernetes Pod in an optimal way. CPU resource assignment The OS distributes CPU resource to processes by the unit of time share… ... Read moreOptimize CPU and Memory for Kubernetes Pod
ontact Digi Hunch for Professional Services.