Whether the system is hosted in the cloud or on-premise, solution design is the most determinant phase. Solution architecture process defines and foresees multiple aspects of an IT solution. Successful IT architecture design strikes a balance across the following aspects:
- Performance efficiency
- Availability and Recoverability
- Cost efficiency
- Maintainability (or operational excellence)
These five aspects are known as the five pillars of solution architecture. They are assessed at every layer of the technology stack, such as infrastructure, networking, storage, and application.
Solution architecture process may produce high-level outcomes such as diagrams and use cases. However, good solution architecture requires a lot of low-level technical considerations, including understanding how different components work and interact in an IT system.
Read more about solution architecture:
- From Ingress to Gateway: why my solution needs Istio Gateways on Kubernetes platforms - In my Korthweb project I was researching for the best ingress mechanism for HTTP and TCP workload, both of which need to be secured. I started with Kubernetes Ingress but eventually decided to go with Istio Gateway. This blog post is about the justification. In this essay, I will make… ... Read moreFrom Ingress to Gateway: why my solution needs Istio Gateways on Kubernetes platforms
- File storage vs object storage in the cloud - The competition Traditionally, enterprise storage product lines are built around three capabilities, as listed in this table below: CapabilityTypical ImplementationData servedT1 - Block stroageDAS (e.g. SAS cable) or SAN (Fibre Cable for FCP protocol, or Ethernet for iSCSI protocol)Mission critical data that are extremely sensitive to latency (e.g. database). Client… ... Read moreFile storage vs object storage in the cloud
- Secure web application deployment - In Nov 2020, I created OrthWeb project, a deployment of Orthanc's server. Orthanc is a DICOM viewer and repo shipped in Docker container. In the deployment project, I use Terraform to provision infrastructure, including a managed PostgreSQL instance, an EC2 instance for docker runtime, and the init script to bring… ... Read moreSecure web application deployment
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) - A public-key infrastructure (PKI) is a set of roles, policies, hardware, software and procedures needed to create, manage, distribute, use, store and revoke digital certificates and manage public-key encryption. The algorithms are based on Publick-key cryptography. The format of the digital certificate is defined in X.509 standard. Certificate Authority -… ... Read morePublic Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Automatic deployment of Orthanc – a medical imaging web service - [Update] Some security improvement was introduced in may 2021. Here's detail. In this project we introduce a medical imaging web service based on Orthanc, an open-source project of DICOM server, and a pipeline to deploy such server automatically and consistently. This little project involves a number of technical deets in… ... Read moreAutomatic deployment of Orthanc – a medical imaging web service
Contact Digi Hunch for Professional Services.